[Dovecot] confused with %d/%n not working....

William Ottley williamottley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 00:16:19 EEST 2010

Hi all,
I'm trying to link in my "online" community of users, via mysql,
with my mailserver.

I have dovecot 1.0.7.

I am using mysql to authenticate, and I'm trying to figure out what I should
be doing to my sql query that checks the username which has a username field
and a database field.
everything works, as long as the username is "u%@d%" in the field, but to
work with my other web application, the username is in one field, and the
database is in another.
can anyone make a suggestion as to how i can do the user_query to work this
way?
(both with dovecot and the postfix)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

dovecot:
connect = host=localhost dbname=pplsnet user=xxxx password=xxxxxxx
password_query = SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'
user_query = SELECT '/var/vmail/%d/%n' as home, 'maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n'
as mail, 150 AS uid, 12 AS gid, concat('dirsize:storage=',quota) AS quota
FROM mailbox WHERE username ='%u' AND active ='1'

postfix:
user = mail
password = xxxx
hosts = localhost
dbname = mail
table = mailbox
select_field = CONCAT(domain,'/',maildir)
where_field = username
additional_conditions = and active = '1'