[Dovecot] step-to-step Installation Guide

Wed Jun 23 18:34:29 EEST 2010

On 2010-06-23 11:03 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
> Are you running other services on your server, or will it be dedicated
> to email? If the later, you might want to look into
> http://qmailtoaster.com/.

Bad advice imo. QMail is dead, it just doesn't know it yet. :)

Seriously thought, the only person who should be using qmail is someone
who has been using it forever and knows it inside and out - and I would
*still* argue that they should just admit the truth and move on.

Do yourself a favor and don't go down that road. The best two open
source MTA's are postfix and Exim, so you should be using one of them
unless there is a compelling reason to use something else. I personally
prefer postfix, but only because that's all I've ever used. I've heard
nothing but good things about Exim, so you wouldn't be going wrong
either way.

--

Best regards,

Charles