[Dovecot] Dovecot dies, maybe ntpdate related. I'm new to dovecot

Xavi Montero xmontero at dsitelecom.com
Fri Jun 25 12:51:27 EEST 2010

>>> - Might this time-jump cause dovecot to die?
>>> - I don't know wehere the dovecot logs are written to. Where do I

I've confirmed in the logs that the die was really controlled and caused
by the time-jump:

Here's the log:

"
Jun 25 06:25:00 hidrogeno dovecot: Time just moved backwards by 9
seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself
now. http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards
"

So I installed ntp to control time in a smooth way.

Thanks for confirming that timejumps were the most probable cause and
helping me to find the logs to confirm that.

Thanks to all again.
Xavi.

Xavier Montero - 93 589 71 91 - 630 59 01 62 - xmontero at dsitelecom.com