[Dovecot] ACL problem

SZÉKELYI Szabolcs cc at mail.3d.hu
Tue Mar 2 02:43:24 EET 2010

Hey,

I seem to have a problem with ACLs. I'm trying to use them on shared folders
those work fine without it. But as soon as I enable the plugin and create the
dovecot-acl files, they disappear. I used strace to see if there's a problem
with file permissions, but it looks like Dovecot doesn't even attempt to
access the dovecot-acl file in the maildir, only the dovecot-acl-list files.

However, it does look for dovecot-acl files in users' home directories. Maybe
the ACL plugin is enabled only for the private mailboxes, not for the public
ones, but I want right the opposite. How can I achieve it?

Please find my dovecot config below.

Thanks,
--
cc

# 1.2.4: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.26-2-686 i686 Debian 5.0.4
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imaps
ssl: required
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/imapd.key.pem
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
mail_plugins: acl
namespace:
  type: private
  location: mbox:%h:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
namespace:
  type: public
  separator: /
  prefix: Logs/
  location: maildir:/data/mail/logs:LAYOUT=fs:INDEX=~/.imap-
public/Logs:CONTROL=~/.imap-public/Logs
  list: yes
auth default:
  passdb: