[Dovecot] A dovecot book ?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Mar 4 00:10:02 EET 2010

There is only one authoritative source who should be writing it if a
book is to be written and we all know who that author should be.
But for what version, as 1.x is in wide usage and will be for a long
time, 2.0 is almost upon us,  much of 1.x is not applicable to 2.x , so
should Timo be writing 2 books? One excessively big book?  Where is he
to find time to write this whilst developing dovecot, and heaven forbid,
enjoy the outside world with a real life :)

The wiki is fine for 80% of people, this list is fine on top of wiki for
another 19.99% of people, and, for those remaining 0.01%, who need
things on paper, I'm sure they all have this thing called a "printer",
and access to the wiki and list archives.

Conversely, if you had  guaranteed large number (K's) of orders to make
it worth his time, I'm sure Timo might find the time, I know I would :)