[Dovecot] Saving Sent Messages to Sent Folder

Thu Mar 4 16:22:07 EET 2010

On 2010-03-04 8:56 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
> Some MUAs have a server-side outbox.

Yes, but most clients don't directly support them.

I'm talking about something that can be used in the enterprise, without
requiring user intervention, aside from a *simple* configuration option
(like simply unchecking 'Place a copy in' for Sent messages)...

I know there are probably a lot of ways this *can* be done... but again,
I'm talking something server side that will require the bare minimum
with respect to client configuration (and also that most clients will
support (I think most clients do support the option to *not* save a sent
copy?)), as well as minimal server side configuration.

Maybe this is a bad idea... but like I said, this is something that has
really bothered me for a long time, and there simply *has* to be a sane
way to make this problem go away...

Anyway, thanks for the responses... at least your first suggestion is
something I can for myself, but it isn't something I'd like to support
in an enterprise - at least not unless/until Thunderbird gets full
support for Group Polices (and that would only apply to Windows Domain
based customers, and not all are).

--

Best regards,

Charles