[Dovecot] Saving Sent Messages to Sent Folder

Thu Mar 4 17:40:05 EET 2010

On 2010-03-04 10:16 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>> Anyway, thanks for the responses... at least your first suggestion
>> is something I can for myself, but it isn't something I'd like to
>> support in an enterprise - at least not unless/until Thunderbird
>> gets full support for Group Polices (and that would only apply to
>> Windows Domain based customers, and not all are).

> Are Thunderbirds prefs still plain text?
>
> Using the Login script I've added settings there (well, actually
> Mozilla Seamonky) once sometime ago. I just added a bunch of lines to
> the prefs at each login. IMHO, the last definition wins. And the
> quick launcher starts a bit later, so the changes do have effect in
> each session.

Yes - and I do configure it like this, but users can still change them
during that session - with mandatory GPO support, they wouldn't be able to.

That's why I'd prefer this to be strictly server-side... and why I'm
excited to learn that this may be achievable now, with some reasonably
simple config changes... although this will be my first foray into the
world of sieve, so will almost definitely be asking questions about that
- and same for quotas...

Time to get my dovecot test server reinstalled (I wiped it for other
reasons) and start testing, because I want this to be working for when I
convert my main client from Courier to dovecot. I've been trying to get
them to do this for a long time, but now they have given me the go ahead
to test a few accounts with big mail boxes to see firsthand the
performance improvements. They send/receive a lot of messages with large
attachments, so being able to disable 'save to sent' and have it 'just
work' will be a huge plus.

--

Best regards,

Charles