[Dovecot] Saving Sent Messages to Sent Folder

Thu Mar 4 18:44:09 EET 2010

On 2010-03-04 10:47 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> MUA would have to support both of those URLAUTH and BURL extensions,
> so that it can register a temporary URL on the IMAP server, then
> connect to SMTP server and give that URL to BURL command (instead of
> sending the mail with DATA command).
>
> So from MUA's point of view it's basically the same as before: save
> to IMAP and after that send via SMTP.

Ah, ok... well, honestly, this would probably be the 'ideal' solution,
but I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever...

> Yeah, he probably isn't interested in adding IMAP client support for
> Postfix, although it could be pretty basic support.

No worries... apparently this is completely doable using postfix,
dovecot, dovecot's LDA, and sieve... not quite as simple as just
defining a new 'dovecot LSA proxy', but still doable.

Last ditch effort/comment - maybe a 'dovecot LSA proxy' would be useful
for more than just this? But you never answered as to whether or not
such a thing is even remotely feasible, much less doable in the real
world...

;)

--

Best regards,