[Dovecot] Mailing list's prefix

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Thu Mar 4 23:14:32 EET 2010

Quoting "Harlan Stenn" <Harlan.Stenn at pfcs.com>:

> I would have preferred this be a private reply but I like to honor the
> sender's request re Reply-To:.
>
> I have a slight preference for keeping the [Dovecot] prefix in the
> Subject: header, as it makes it really obvious to me where a message in
> my inbox comes from.  I have never liked to pre-sort incoming messages
> into separate folders.  The fact that the prefix is relativelyh short
> also helps.

I think those of us who don't filter are benefited the most by having
the prefix.  I'm on a couple lists that aren't filtered, though not as
high traffic.

I don't read ALL email, and would prefer to delete non-relevant emails
without opening the message.  Without a prefix, I sometimes have a
hard time telling if a problem is directed to me (personal/biz
support) or a list when I delete in bulk via thin clients (iPhone,
Horde).

Rick