[Dovecot] [dovecot] - filters

Joseph Yee jyee at ca.afilias.info
Fri Mar 5 00:20:05 EET 2010

On 4-Mar-10, at 4:36 PM, Rick Romero wrote:

> Quoting "Marcus Rueckert" <darix at opensu.se>:
>
>> On 2010-03-04 15:27:20 -0600, Rick Romero wrote:
>>> I'm by no means a procmail expert, but this seems to work (though
>>> [Dovecot] gets put before the Re:)
>>>
>> and with an LDA that speaks only sieve?
>> how do you do it there?
>>

> This is better for procmail (doesn't change Subject if [Dovecot]
> already there)
> :0 fhw
> * ^List-Id:.*Dovecot Mailing List
> {
>  :0
>  * !^Subject:.*\[Dovecot\]
>  {
>        :0 fhw
>        * ^Subject:\/.*
>        | formail -I "Subject: [Dovecot] $MATCH"
>  }
> }
>

> I don't know enough about Sieve to give an example..
> what you want is:
> 1. List-Id head contains "Dovecot Mailing List"
> 2. Subject does not contain [Dovecot]
> 3. Pass email to formail to modify Subject ( built in Sieve
> equivalent?)
>
> HTH
>
> Rick

So what happen if I had this promail recipe and I reply to list?

If the subject line is "Dovecot Mailing List", will it become "Re:
Dovecot Mailing List" or "Re: [Dovecot] Mailing List"?  (I think it's
the latter case)

If it's the latter one, I vote to keep the prefix now.

The prefix helps visual eye filtering, works for people (including me)
who keep all new email to inbox rather than direct them to other
folder before reading them.

I vote to keep the prefix even it's the first scenario, but I'm not
strong into must keep prefix in both cases.

Joseph