[Dovecot] Mailing list's prefix

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 07:16:07 EET 2010

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 12:45:45AM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 4.3.2010, at 22.59, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > Do you think I'd break a lot of people's filters if I removed the
> > prefix? :) Anyone strongly for/against removing it? It seems kind
> > of annoying to me whenever I happen to think about it.
>
> Well, it's beginning to sound like there are non-filtering reasons
> why the prefix can be good. So I guess it's better to keep things
> the way they are now :)

Hrm. I guess I'm too late for the voting, then. I use tagged
addresses (envelope recipient) to control routing into folders. I
would like to see the prefix go away.

(I know it doesn't look like it, because I use this same address as
posting address on numerous mailing lists. But I generally set it
NOMAIL after subscribing, and I read through a different address.)