[Dovecot] Saving Sent Messages to Sent Folder

Fri Mar 5 13:08:04 EET 2010

On 2010-03-05 5:10 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, I'm not very happy about the idea of IMAP server sending messages
> to SMTP server either.. :)

Not to belabor the point, but the dovecot LDA is already talking to the
SMTP server in one direction... this is why I proposed something as
simple as possible, a 'LSA proxy'... just enough to make sure the
message is accepted for delivery, then save the copy to the Sent folder.
I imagine a lot more things could be done to, especially if sieve
support was available to it.

Of course, I have no idea what 'as simple as possible' means in terms of
code requirements, especially since - were you to do it, which you have
already said you have no interest in - you would obviously want it to be
rock-solid... ;)

That said - could this be done in a plugin? I didn't think so, but maybe
I'm wrong?

--

Best regards,

Charles