[Dovecot] Saving Sent Messages to Sent Folder

Fri Mar 5 13:22:50 EET 2010

On 2010-03-05 4:59 AM, Ed W wrote:
> Perhaps a simple case of adding a flag when saving into a folder
> would mark the message as being required to be sent onwards?

Way to error-prone for my taste. What about the luser that accidentally
drops 5000 messages in there <shudder>... no thanks... ;)

<snip>

> The other pain in the bum about most current clients is that they:
> - send the email via smtp
> - post the message to the Sent folder

That is what this thread is about...

> - THEN they DOWNLOAD the message again from the Sent folder!! THIS is
> craziness!

Yeah, but I don't see a sane way to handle that one, and the client
would definitely have to have direct support for 'it', whatever it
turned out to be. I'm only interested in server-side solutions and was
just hoping that the LSA proxy idea might be doable and wouldn't be too
hard...

Wishing I was a coder (for the 12th time today already)... or had the
time to learn...

--

Best regards,

Charles