[Dovecot] Quota plugin and SQL

David lists at edeca.net
Sun Mar 7 11:49:48 EET 2010

On 07/03/2010 03:17, Leeman Strout wrote:
> On 3/6/2010 5:12 PM, David wrote:
>> I have read through http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Dict, which suggests a
>> database schema for using quota. For 1.2, this includes a username,
>> bytes and messages.
>>
>> Is there any way to modify the queries used to split out username into
>> localpart and domain? This would enable me to put the current quota
>> information in my main mailbox table and display it to users in my admin
>> interface.
>>
>> Or possibly it should be in a separate table for a reason, and I should
>> be look there for the values?
>>

> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables

Thanks, I know about those variables as I use them in the query that
selects my authentication details.

However, I cannot see a way to change the actual query that is used by
the quota plugin.  If the quota plugin uses 1 row per user (as it seems
to) then I'd like to integrate it with my authentication table.

Therefore: can I change the SQL queries that the quota plugin uses?

David