[Dovecot] Could use some help setting Dovecot up for the first time

joe joe at hostedcontent.com
Mon Mar 8 00:06:20 EET 2010

You sir, are my hero!!!

As it turns out, the queries i was using was hard coded to use group id 12.

If i might be so bold as to make a suggestion. I would update the page
(http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/DovecotLDAPostfixAdminMySQL) and change
the /etc/dovecot/sql.conf part so that the example queries use the same
groups as the rest of the documentation!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Regards,

Joe

On 3/7/2010 4:49 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 7.3.2010, at 21.18, joe wrote:
>
>> Mar 07 19:14:55 deliver(test at fasti.net): Fatal: setgid(12) failed with euid=101(vmail), gid=6(mail), egid=6(mail): Operation not permitted
>
> Your userdb says mails should be accessed with gid=12, but you're calling deliver from Postfix with gid=6. Change either one of them to the other (userdb or pipe in master.cf).

believed to be clean.