[Dovecot] Using MySQL For Mailboxes?

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:00:33 EET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> Dovecot supports looking up user information from MySQL, but not
> actually storing mails there. If you really wanted to store mails on
> MySQL, you'd have to use dbmail instead of Dovecot.

Is it even worth it with less than 500 users? I mean I don't have any
problems right now creating individual users and their home
directories in Linux but I have never used MySQL for mail so can't
differentiate the two. I guess I don't even know if this worth the
effort to change my configuration especially if it involves changing
out my IMAP server for 'dbmail' which I know nothing about until you
mentioned it.