[Dovecot] sieve fileinto rule (pigeonhole)

Oliver Eales jester at arcor.de
Fri Mar 12 13:31:37 EET 2010

Stephan Bosch schrieb:
> Yes, but not explicitly through some Sieve command. You must use the
> -s deliver parameter:
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA#Parameters

Thanks for the answer, i should have read the wiki more carefully. :-)
I tried it with the -s parameter, but it is only working when the
mailbox name is given as a parameter via -m
When i do

 /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -m "bla2" -s  -d 1000000000032 <~/test.eml

the mailbox bla2 gets created and subscribed to.
but when i leave out the -m and take the mailbox from the sieve script
the subsription isn't done.

require ["fileinto", "mailbox"];
if header :contains ["Subject"] "bla2"
{
        fileinto :create "bla2";
        stop;
}
and then

/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -s  -d 1000000000032 <~/test.eml

the mailbox gets created but not subscribed to. (I didn't make any
difference if i use the :create sieve command or leave or it out)

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver Eales