[Dovecot] how quotas works with postfix and dovecot

Nick Rosier nick+dovecot at bunbun.be
Sat Mar 13 01:01:24 EET 2010

Wilberth Pérez wrote:
> dovecot-1.2.10
>
> knows how i can create quotas templates ?
>
> cheers.

I have no experience using disk quota's but I think something like this
should work:

plugin {
   quota = fs:Disk quota
   quota_rule = INBOX:storage=<whatever max you like>
   quota_warning = storage=95%% /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh 95
}

AFAIK, the backend is only used as a way to determine the used space,
not as a way to define the limits. So you need to specify the maximum
quota; the filesystem quota is not recognized. E.g. when specifying
maildir as backend Dovecot will check the maildir quota in stead of
using used diskspace as reported by the OS.

N.