[Dovecot] Testing EXTERNAL AUTHENTICATION

Stephen Feyrer steve at toth.org.uk
Wed Mar 17 00:41:08 EET 2010

Hi.

It didn't work.  I tried first with {EXTERNAL} and then with {PLAIN} the
result below was the same in both cases.

---
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
AUTH=EXTERNAL] Dovecot ready.
a LOGIN username-from-cert ""
a NO [ALERT] Unsupported authentication mechanism.
DONE

--
Thanks

Stephen Feyrer