[Dovecot] how configure quotas with dovecot and mysql databases

Wilberth Pérez wilberth.perez at uady.mx
Wed Mar 17 01:15:09 EET 2010

some one knows, how to configure quotas with  dovecot and mysql databases ?

my dovecot was compiled with:

CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/mysql/include/mysql LDFLAGS=-L/opt/mysql/lib/mysql ./
configure --with-sql --with-mysql

and my dovecot.conf and dovecot-sql.conf have the following configurations:

===========
dovecot.conf
===========
protocol imap  {
                 listen = *:143
                mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
                }

protocol pop3  {
                 listen = *:110
                mail_plugins = quota
                }

plugin {

quota = maildir:storage=30M
quota_rule = *:storage=30M
quota_warning = storage=95%% /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh 95
quota_warning2 = storage=80%% /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh 80

}

============
dovecot-sql.conf
============
driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=mail user=mail password=mail
user_query = SELECT 1 AS gid,  concat('maildir:storage=    ', quota_kb)
AS quota
  FROM users WHERE user = 'testuser';

I test my configuration and don't show errors , however, dovecot  never
show me my quota configuration.

I will be omitting something ?

Cheers.

LCC Wilberth de Jesús Pérez Segura CCSA- Administración de Servicios y Seguridad de las TI
Correo: wilberth.perez at uady.mx
Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán
Secretaría General
Coordinación Administrativa de Tecnologías de Información
RIUADY
C-59 x Av. Itzáes (999)923-74-28 Ext. 1117
Mérida, Yucatán, México 2010