[Dovecot] Overly long email of miscellaneous Dovecot migration questions

Mark Moseley moseleymark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 22:19:20 EET 2010

Oops, forgot to ask one other thing....

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 17.3.2010, at 1.01, Mark Moseley wrote:
<snip>
>> * Exim: We currently deliver all of our mail via Exim on separate
>> servers. Our POP3/IMAP servers only do POP3/IMAP and the Exim mail
>> servers delivering to maildirs only do Exim. From what I've seen in
>> the docs and various threads, from what I can gather, the best thing
>> to do in that case would be to use Exim's built-in maildir handling,
>> instead of using 'deliver'. That would be my preference anyway, but I
>> wanted to make sure I didn't misinterpret things.
>
> v2.0 supports also LMTP server, so you could deliver to Dovecot that way.

Since Exim wouldn't be touching the index files, is it safe to leave
exim as-is and let it handle the deliveries to the maildirs natively?
Exim's already got access to everything it needs including the quota.
I just want to make sure I won't horribly corrupt anything leaving it
as-is -- but I'm also desirous to not have to mess with how deliveries
are currently being done.