[Dovecot] dovecot 2.0beta3 installation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 17 22:25:38 EET 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 21:21 +0100, Renaud Allard wrote:
> >> dovecot_delivery transport output: lda: Fatal: User lookup failed:
> >> net_connect_unix(/opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf) failed: No such
> >> file or directory
> >
> > Yeah, I broke this yesterday. Fixed it today.
> >

> Thanks Timo, so I suppose the daily snapshot should be better for me.

So do you mean you really tried beta3 release, not the nightly
snapshot / hg version? Because I thought that error didn't happen with
beta3.

> Any idea on the second part of my mail?
> I didn't really find out how to convert the v1.2 config snippet:

Recent hg versions convert v1.2 configs to v2.0 configs automatically.
That is what it outputs with your config:

auth_mechanisms = digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm login plain
passdb {
  args = /etc/cram.pwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
service auth {
  unix_listener /var/run/dovecot/auth-client {
    mode = 0666
  }
  user = exim
}
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}

> I tried the following, but it does not seem to work as I get an
> authentication socket protocol error
>
> service auth {
>    unix_listener /var/run/dovecot/auth-client {
>      mode = 0666
>    }
> }

I don't really see anything wrong with that..