[Dovecot] Sendmail + deliver; silent errors.

Daryl Tester dt-dovecot at handcraftedcomputers.com.au
Sat Mar 20 03:48:10 EET 2010

Timo Sirainen wrote:

[Sendmail mailer arguments]

>> Change the last line ("Argv") to
>>
>> A=/opt/dovecot-1.2.9/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $u

> Well, at least I updated the wiki now so that future people won't have
> this problem. :)

To be fair, this was only a problem because I setuid'd the binary as root,
which causes the extra permissions checking.  The wiki page uses a non-
root ID, which I couldn't get to work (the previously mentioned setgid()
failure), but at least wouldn't have fallen over in this fashion.

Cheers!

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester

Member of the Amalgamated Australian Association Against Apostrophe Abuse.
(formerly the 6A's - no, wait ...).