[Dovecot] v2.0.beta4 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 22 02:11:35 EET 2010

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/beta/dovecot-2.0.beta4.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/beta/dovecot-2.0.beta4.tar.gz.sig

I think this release is finally feature complete. There are still some
bugs left to be fixed, but it's mainly in the dsync/mdbox area. v2.0.rc1
should hopefully be out in a couple of weeks. After that v2.0.0 will be
released after no serious bugs have been found for a couple of weeks.

Major changes since beta3:

 - auth process now runs as $dovecot_internal_user ("dovecot") by
default. Auth worker processes still run as root by default, so this
won't break PAM etc, but it could break passwd-file configurations.

 - It can now read v1.2's dovecot.conf file. If you find that it won't
read your config, let me know and I'll see about adding code to fix it.
It'll log warnings about each obsolete setting it sees. The easiest way
to get rid of the warnings is to just translate your old config to v2.0:
doveconf -n -c old.conf > new.conf
 - auth passdb/userdb configuration in example-config is now a bit
different .. hopefully less confusing to new people than the old one.
 - added support for auth settings (including passdb/userdb) inside
protocol sections, so it'll affect only those protocols
 - mail_plugins can now be set more easily. you can have a single global
mail_plugins and then add more plugins to it like protocol imap
{ mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota }
 - doveconf finally shows all settings, including all protocol, local
and remote sections

 - doveadm quota get|recalc command added. This is a plugin (yeah,
doveadm now supports plugins!), so you must have a global
mail_plugins=quota setting for the command to show up.
 - doveadm kick user/network to kick out logged in users (by sending
TERM signal to processes). This was written by Pascal Volk.

 - and of course tons and tons of fixes all around