[Dovecot] quota dict with mysql 4.0

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Mar 25 12:26:00 EET 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:24:37 +0100, Andre Hübner <andre.huebner at gmx.de>
articulated:

> i use successfully mysql-quotasystem with dovecot 1.2.11 on different
> servers except for mysql 4.0 servers
> dovecot internally uses sql: "ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE" which was
> introduced in mysql 4.1
> Is there a chance to make this statement mysql 4.0 compatible or
> should i update mysql? i want to avoid updating mysql because some
> old software is running which is not compatible to higher mysql
> versions.

In my opinion, continued use of depreciated software is a practice that
should be avoided whenever possible. Inevitably, it causes problems as
you are now experiencing.

I am somewhat surprised that the older software is not compatible with
the newer version of MySQL. Usually, it is the other way around. Have
you checked to see if newer versions of the incompatible software
exist? I would be willing to wager that they have been updated to
accommodate the newer MySQL versions.

--
Jerry
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net