[Dovecot] Busy looping of 2.0Beta4 on NetBSD-current

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 26 10:14:02 EET 2010

On 26.3.2010, at 4.47, Scott Ellis wrote:

> I built and install Dovecot 2.0Beta4 on my NetBSD/amd64-current system, and am seeing the user-owned imap processes busy-looping.  In Dovecot 1.2.x (and 1.x and 0.x..) I force ionotify and ioloop to kqueue, so I suspected that was the problem.  Turns out it's not: Using poll or none also causes the same problem.

But it's not hanging anyway, just eating all CPU? I guess it's calling some IO_WRITE callback all the time. You could make it do something like:

i_debug("%p", io->io.callback);

just before it's called in the ioloop code. Then in gdb do "x 0x12345" for the returned address to see what function it's calling all the time.