[Dovecot] Plugins and message file access

Reinaldo Matukuma ramatukuma at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 16:52:43 EEST 2010

Hello.

I need to know how I can get the final message file name inside a plugin like the zlib 2.0 plugin.

I saw another threads about zlib plugin, but don't see no one asking about this.

My interest is to use the message's file name in a specific function that will add some lines on it  and, after that, calculate a md5 hash of the modified file.

As the size flags will not correspond to the effective message size/vsize, then I could change the flags using the filename too, right?

This is my first approach.

But... There are another way to do this directly on message been received by the plugin, like pre-allocating the size/vsize flags?

I cannot simply to pass the extra text directly on the message being received because I need to do some extra validations over the full content of the message before add my data on the message.

Thank's Everybody