[Dovecot] CDB Authentication database

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:52:35 EEST 2010

I'd be interested in this, too.  It might be a nicer way for smaller sites
to share between Dovecot and Postfix.  CDB is a read-only (C meaning
constant) dictionary file designed by DJB.  To update it, build a new one
and swap.  Alternatively, use 2 or more DBs with the CDB having the bulk of
information and a smaller dynamic DB first having the day's changes.  Then
the bulk data can be rebuilt daily overnight.

Another even simpler "DB" would be a directory index.  The directory is the
DB.  The key selects a file name.  The data is the file contents.  I'll
leave it to your imagination how to update it.  It could be a simple "small
first in line" DB out of 2 or more.