[Dovecot] Question about mbox_snarf and dovecot2.0

Jonathan Siegle jsiegle at psu.edu
Wed May 5 20:27:20 EEST 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 14:00 -0400, Jonathan Siegle wrote:
>
>>> - open INBOX from that namespace and keep it open
>>
>> Ok sync init would open /var/mail/%u
>
> Well, you would simply call mailbox_open(ns->list, "INBOX"). Dovecot
> internally then figures out that INBOX is /var/mail/%u based on the
> namespace's configuration.

Ok. I couldn't find a mailbox_open that takes a list and char* as arguments, but I found a mail_namespace_find_inbox function which works well.

> Also note that nothing here now assumes anything about what mailbox
> format is being used. The whole plugin should perhaps be renamed to
> "snarf", since it would work with any mailbox formats
> (source/destination could even be different formats).

 Where do I specify the Destination mailbox in the config file? I have a source of INBOX(/var/spool). Should I just tack on SNARF on the var list?

namespace foo {
	prefix = ~~Snarf/
	location = mbox~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:SNARF=/some/other/file
	list = no
	hidden = yes
	inbox = yes
}