[Dovecot] Dovecot Won't start on SLITAZ Linux

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Thu May 6 14:58:13 EEST 2010

On 06/05/10 13:40, Ludovic LEMARINEL wrote:
> 2010/5/6 Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>
>
>> On 2010-05-06 4:51 AM, Ludovic LEMARINEL wrote:
>>> I've just compiled dovecot under Slitaz, but I can't get it to
>>> run...
>>>
>>> It always die with this message in log :
>>>
>>> 2010-05-06 12:35:12 dovecot: Info: Dovecot v1.2.11 starting up
>>> 2010-05-06 12:35:12 dovecot: Fatal: setrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, 256):
>>> Operation not permitted
>>
>> Google is your friend. Simply highlighting the above error:
>>
>> Fatal: setrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, 256): Operation not permitted
>>
>> Provides the answer:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/25rmjod
>>

> Thanks for your answer, but no, this page does not provide the answer.
> The error message this guy gets is not the same as me

Your original post says it does. If you receive another error message,
please add it to your problem report. Also, please try to start dovecot
from the commandline (as suggested in the url from Charles), and tell us
about its behaviour, output and logging.

> , and I don't have any
> "/etc/security/limits.conf" file, so I can't change this setting .

Dovecot tells you only what setting to to adjust. Where you put your
settings is largely dependant on your OS or distro implementation.

Ow, and please do not top-post.

Regards,
	Tom