[Dovecot] adding users to passwd-file

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Thu May 6 22:04:13 EEST 2010

Where can I find documentation on this command?  There is no "man dovecotpw"
installed, and searching for "dovecotpw" on the wiki gives 4 pages that
mention its existance.

Just executing the command with no options gives a password prompt that
cannot be broken out of (had to kill from another terminal).  The -h and -l
options give some info, but not enough to plan how to integrate this into
building the passdb/userdb.  For example how to reference the appropriate
file.

marconi/root/x0 /root 72# /usr/sbin/dovecotpw -h