[Dovecot] per domain quota

karavelov karavelov at spnet.net
Mon May 10 14:53:57 EEST 2010

On 10.05.2010 13:49, alex wrote:

> Everything works as expected, but I have some inconveniences for
> domains  with large number of mailboxes. Allocating and maintain quota
> to every account it's a hard job.
> I just want to implement some flexibility for this situations (ex the
> first  enforcement to be the user quota and the second to be the
> domain quota).
> Is there a way to implement such thing in dovecot and what are the
> adjustments that I need to do.
>
> Regards
>
> Alex

Why don't you implement domain quota in terms of filesystem quota? So
basically, every domain has differend user, UID and  GID. You use the
usual quota tools to enforce soft/hard limits, enforcement period etc.
based on user or group. And you leave mailbox quota handled by dovecot.

Best regards

--
Luben Karavelov
Research and development