[Dovecot] dovecot/deliver ... Can't open logfile /var/log/dovecot/error.log: Permission denied

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Mon May 10 22:28:55 EEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 15:15, Egbert Jan <egbert at vandenbussche.nl> wrote:

> Could it be that selinux or apparmor are playing games with you???

Good idea to check.  But I don't have anything in my apparmor setup for
either postfix or dovecot.  I don't know about Romer Ventura's config.  I do
know the error trying to open the log files that I got is because the userid
Postfix ran dovecot deliver as was not allowed to open files there (before I
did chmod 777).  So it's definitely an issue of what userid dovecot/deliver
is running as (it runs as the LHS of receipient, not "vmail" as preferred).