[Dovecot] Sieve problem. Timo, is this mbox file size limitation hard coded? If so, why?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Tue May 11 05:06:03 EEST 2010

Apologies for pointing the finger at lda/sieve.  After much digging and
Googling I found that the problem actually lies with a Postfix default
setting, specifically:

"mailbox_size_limit (default: 51200000)

    The maximal size of any local(8) individual mailbox or maildir file, or
zero (no limit). In fact, this limits the size of any file that is written
to upon local delivery, including files written by external commands that
are executed by the local(8) delivery agent.

    This limit must not be smaller than the message size limit."

I set it to zero and that fixed the problem.  This is indeed one strange
situation.  The error was reported in the log by dovecot, but the setting
that fixes the problem is actually in Postfix.  It would be nice if there
was a short heads up regarding this in the dovecot wiki postfix LDA and/or
sieve sections.  I'll mention this on postfix-user as well.

--
Stan

Stan Hoeppner put forth on 5/10/2010 6:03 PM: