[Dovecot] dovecot/deliver ... Can't open log file /var/log/dovecot/error.log: Permission denied

Eray Aslan eray.aslan at caf.com.tr
Tue May 18 08:46:15 EEST 2010

On 05/18/2010 12:14 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 09:28 -0400, Phil Howard wrote:
>>         its your network (I hope for your sake).. its up to you how
>>         efficient it
>>         is.
>>
>> CDB is very fast.
>
> yes it is, if you only have a small number of users.

We use Michael Tokarev's tinycdb:

* stable on disk format
* has atomic updates
* has a tiny library in case you want to link it statically
* uses a lot less memory when the process count is large, i.e. scales well
* rebuilding the database a few times a day is just fine with a few
million records.  If you go into tens or hundreds of millions, test
rebuild times before putting into production

Using cdb is by no means a MUST but don't dissmiss it out of hand.  It
has its uses.

--
Eray