[Dovecot] looking for IMAP testing tool

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Tue May 18 20:36:55 EEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 13:17, Mark Moseley <moseleymark at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't used it much but it looked useful:
> http://bc-bd.org/blog/imapfoo/

Hmmm.  That (inserting mail into folders) can have it uses.  But I'm really
looking for something to do, in a very basic way, what is expected of an
IMAP client, which is to fetch and read mail.  Something that can login and
list messages to stdout, or login and fetch a specified message to stdout,
would be what I need (and that login might be by clear port 143, STARTTLS on
port 143, or plain SSL/TLS on port 993).