[Dovecot] looking for IMAP testing tool

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:52:51 EEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 07:52, William Blunn <bill at blunn.org> wrote:

> It sounds like you want a sort of "toolbox" of ready-made and tested
> components, such as an IMAP client, but with rich programmatic interfaces so
> that you only need to write a little bit of "glue" code to make it do
> exactly what you want.

I don't really need a lot.  I just need to pick up all mail in the inbox of
a given user at domain I login with, deposit each in a given directory, and
delete them from the server.  The only options I think I need are:  what
user at domain to login as, whether to use clear, STARTTLS, or a basic TLS/SSL
protocol, and what port number (143 or 993).  I don't have any interest in
other folders.  I just want to see if mail was delivered and do so from a
separate machine than the mail server itself (or see if IMAP is even up).