[Dovecot] dovecot2 latest beta5 acl not working properly ? / workaround for imp

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed May 19 21:47:20 EEST 2010

Am 19.05.2010 12:11, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Hi
> i tested acls with some clients
> horde/imp mulberry thunderbird squirrelmail kmail
> and i couldnt get it run proberly
> i have no problems testing setacl etc with plain
> telnet session, and i have no error in verbose logging
> but it looks like acl is only working partly with some clients
> so show acls is working mostly but setting only partly
> horde/imp and mulberry dont show any acls
> any idea?

i have no idea what changed in dovecot2
looks like capability anounce changed somehow

horde/imp does a check which seems to get workarounded by

horde/lib/Horde/IMAP/ACL/rfc2086.php

if (substr($this->_params['protocol'], 0, 4) != 'imap') {
            /* No point in going any further if it's not an IMAP server. */
            $this->_error = PEAR::raiseError(_("Only IMAP servers
support shared folders."));
            $this->_supported = false;
        } elseif (!isset($this->_caps['acl'])) {
            /* If we couldn't get the server's capability, we'll assume
ACL is
               not supported for now. */

----change---from---false---to---true

$this->_supported = true;

        } else {
            $this->_supported = true;
        }

anyway perhaps Timo knows more about
capability in dove2, guess thats the reason why mulberry
does not show acls too

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer