[Dovecot] looking for IMAP testing tool

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Wed May 19 21:52:57 EEST 2010

> Hi Phil,
>
> I've got an hack piece of regression perl code that we might be a good
> starting point. I'd love to turn it into a better piece of hack code
> that we could offer up. It does SSL/TLS.
>
> Right now it is pretty basic and forks 1K-10K simultaneous IMAP
> login/logout connections. Its goal is to find the sink point for the
> IMAP server and/or test client  so that tuning exceeds current usage.
>
> Let me know if you are interesting in looking at it and cleaning it up.
>
> ---Jack

The best I could do with something in Perl is rewrite it into something
else.  I'm still kinda weak on Python (don't know all the cool tricks, yet),
and Pike isn't found universally, so things would need to be in C for me to
do it and it to be widely usable.  And that's for later when I get some free
time.