[Dovecot] POP3 Problem with SPAM-Mail's over sieve

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Thu May 20 17:29:09 EEST 2010

On Qui, 20 Mai 2010, Michael Niehren wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> i am currently using dovecot 1.2.10 with the sieve-plugin and use a
> sieve-filter to sort the SPAM-Mail's directly into a Junk-Folder:
>
> require "fileinto";
> # rule:[junkfilter]
> if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
>   fileinto "Junk";
> }
>

> My problem is now, if i try to retrieve the Mails via POP3, i did not get the
> SPAM-Mail's in the Junk-Folder, only the normal ones, that are not filtered
> over the sieve plugin.
>
> Could anyone tell me how to solve that issue ?

POP3 has no concept of folders, so only mails in INBOX are accessible.

In the wiki there's a "Virtual INBOX por POP with all folders"
solution, but the net effect is displaying all e-mails from all
folders in the INBOX, so you might save a few processor cycles and
simply not filter mails in folders in the first place.

--
Some assembly required.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br