[Dovecot] dovecot from debian lenny-backports does not accept connections

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu May 20 20:58:40 EEST 2010

On 16.5.2010, at 19.54, Charles Marcus wrote:

> Timo? Shouldn't dovecot -n produce a similar warning/error for all
> invalid/typo'd settings?

v2.0 dovecot -n shows if lock_method was typoed. Also I find it strange that reloading a config wouldn't show the error.

> I also think it would be a good idea to report the line# in the config
> file where the error resides (can make it much easier to find the
> setting in a large, heavily commented config file)...

This is unfortunately difficult. The config file is first parsed and only afterwards validated. It's even more problematic if the setting is overwritten in different places in config file..