[Dovecot] Problem with ACL and rename folder

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Sun May 23 13:40:07 EEST 2010

Am 23.05.2010 um 12:23 schrieb DZIOBAK:
> But it should be like it is when trying to delete folder:
>
>   NO [NOPERM] Permission denied
>
> And the rename isn't completed. The folder has the name before renaming, which is what I want. The RC team is unable to make ACL support because of the answer of the imap server - "OK Rename completed."

Right, so having no permission to do it is actually intended but you are puzzled while it still seems to allow renaming a mailbox, but fails eventually?

My assumption is this maybe due to the fact that several IMAP ACL flags would be required for a rename operation and it starts to do it and then fails in the middle. You could set the ACL to something very basic like 'lrws' to see if this rejects rename operations right a way. This way you could drill down on the flag that may cause the problem.

Regards
Thomas