[Dovecot] dovecot2 latest beta5 acl not working properly ?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue May 25 20:17:04 EEST 2010

Am 25.05.2010 17:35, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 12:11 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> but it looks like acl is only working partly with some clients
>> so show acls is working mostly but setting only partly
>> horde/imp and mulberry dont show any acls
>> any idea?
>
> They only look at the CAPABILITY list before login, not afterwards? ACL
> is listed only after login. (It's also sent to the client, but some
> clients just ignore the updated capability list.) I think this should be
> fixed on client side.

oh Timo, it should be fixed, maybe you have chances
at horde/imp getting fixes soon, and also upcomming tb versions with acl
but who knows what "broken" clients are out in wild, maybe there should
be a workaround parameter to behavior as before dovecot2

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria