[Dovecot] suggestion

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 25 20:21:21 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 11:48 +0200, Pascal Volk wrote:

> BUT (1), `doveconf protocols` reports:
> protocols = $protocols managesieve
> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration
> file /path/2/dovecot/dovecot.conf: protocols: Unknown protocol:
> $protocols
>
> But (2) `doveconf -x protocols` works:
> protocols =  imap lmtp pop3 managesieve

This is probably a bug.. doveconf should expand settings before
verifying them. Except the $var expansion is done while parsing the
config file, so that would need more code to parse the same lines into
two different internal structs. Also it still wouldn't be perfect if it
didn't expand the set = <file values (and if it did, doveconf -n as
non-root would usually complain about ssl key file, which is annoying).

Maybe I just won't do anything about it until it becomes a real
problem. :)