[Dovecot] 1.2.11, mbox, new mail

Thu May 27 15:22:52 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-27 1:03 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> With 1.2.11 and mbox storage, the delay time in pulling new mail
> headers to the client from imap folders seems to be directly
> proportional to mailbox size, regardless of the number of new
> messages. At present, if the mailbox is large, pulling new headers is
> rather painfully slow.
>
> Is this expected behavior? Especially given that the client already
> has all the "old" mails in the folder cached, and thus wouldn't be
> asking for them?
>
> Is there a setting(s) I can change to optimize/fix this?

Stan, I think you're the only one experiencing this, otherwise there
would be a lot more noise on this list about it...

At least, I'm not, with 1.2.11 and TB3...

Did you ever follow the TB specific troubleshooting steps IU pointed you
to to troubleshoot the TB connections, to see what it is doing?

--

Best regards,

Charles