[Dovecot] recipient_delimiter

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Fri May 28 18:25:17 EEST 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 09:55, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 2010-05-27 1:42 PM, Phil Howard wrote:
>> Yup, there was a 2nd setting nearly at the bottom of the file, and
>> it was different. Thanks for catching that.
>
> This is why you *always* go by what output pof postconf -n says, not
> what you think you put in main.cf.
>
> You wasted a lot of time (yours and others here) on that unnecessarily...

My main.cf file has the comments (my own that explains why settings
are there, not the default comments).  It is the easier to read file.
Even then, I was also reading the postconf -n output and just didn't
see the subtle difference (I was thinking more along the lines of
"what else is needed").  What might be needed to avoid things like
this is something to compare them.  Or maybe postfix giving an error
when a conflicting setting is encountered (or is there some basis for
always allowing settings that change previous settings).