[Dovecot] dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole/ManageSieve: wrong service name

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sun May 30 05:39:30 EEST 2010

Hi Stephan,

ManageSieve uses the wrong™ service name for the authdb lookup.
With dovecot-1.2-managesieve the service name was changed from
'managesieve' to 'sieve'. So I altered my table layout in order to make
the query "SELECT userid AS "user", password FROM dovecotpassword('%Ln',
'%Ld') WHERE %Ls" work again.

When I try to login on the sieve port 4190/tcp, I find this in my
dovecot.log:

auth: Error: pgsql: Query failed, retrying: ERROR:  column "managesieve"
does not exist
auth: Error: LINE 1: ...", password FROM dovecotpassword('user',
'example.org') WHERE managesiev...

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: defaced.1015004 at localdomain.org