[Dovecot] dovecot2beta5 lmtp

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sun May 30 15:49:33 EEST 2010

On 05/17/2010 05:00 PM Robert Schetterer wrote:
> … the most interesting thing for me with lmtp
> is that postfix bounces now overquota mails on smtp income stage with
> lmtp, no danger for backscatter anymore ( so far small tsts results ) …

Hm, I hope you mean Postfix rejects the mail, if the user is over quota.
Bouncing mails is bad.
If your Postfix rejects the message, while the sending client is still
connected, I'm interested in your setup. :)

How does Postfix communicate with Dovecot's lmtp, unix or tcp socket?
Any special smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: defaced.1015014 at localdomain.org