[Dovecot] 2.0.beta4, Panic: stream doesn't support seeking backwards

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 31 21:55:48 EEST 2010

On ma, 2010-03-29 at 14:14 +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:

> got the following with beta4 while uploading messages from a local
> mbox to the dovecot server in my LAN, tested with mutt and sylpheed,
> the same action works with 1.2.11:
>

> Mar 29 13:42:46 [dovecot] imap(juergen): Panic: stream doesn't support
> seeking backwards

Finally I've some time to look at this. Can you still reliably reproduce
this every time? I think it happens only when some specific fields are
cached. If the mailbox itself doesn't contain anything sensitive, could
you send it to me along with its index files? Alternatively I'd like to
see the cache fields output of "doveadm dump ~/mail/.imap/mailboxname",
e.g.:

-- Cache fields --
 #  Name                                         Type Size Dec  Last used
 0: flags                                        bit     4 tmp  2010-05-31 19:53
 1: date.sent                                    fix     8 no   1970-01-01 01:00
..