[Dovecot] Anvil client_limit reached

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Nov 3 17:43:16 EET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 09:26 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2010-11-03 9:12 AM, Jürgen Obermann wrote:
> > Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> >> But you would probably benefit from not having that many login
> >> processes: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LoginProcess
>
> > I now switched the login processes from high security to high
> > performance mode, because the problem appeared again.
>
> Just curious - how much less secure is the high performance mode?

Copy&pasting (slightly just updated) from the wiki:

High-performance mode

It works by using a number of long running login processes, each
handling a number of connections. This loses much of the security
benefits of the login process design, because in case of a security hole
(in Dovecot or SSL library) the attacker is now able to see other users
logging in and steal their passwords, read their mails, etc.